Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. As Director of Marketing, you are responsible for developing and executing programs to build company awareness, educate the market on our offerings and ultimately drive high quality leads to support our sales goals.
This is a dynamic role that manages key pieces of our product and corporate programming. You are comfortable developing proactive marketing campaigns that engage customers and contribute to company growth, as well as doing the day-to-day work that keeps the marketing engines running. This is a chance to wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment. Join a passionate and growing team that is making the world more transparent and changing the way organizations understand the global economy.
Position is ideally located at our headquarters in Ithaca, NY, or in New York City.
- Define corporate and product messaging, positioning, and work with Creative Lead to develop brand and style guides.
- Drive corporate and product awareness, lead generation and user engagement by building and executing creative yet effective marketing campaigns that scale easily.
- Develop and track clear metrics for marketing campaigns excellence.
- Provide market and industry insight to direct marketing team as well as contribute to content creation. This could include
- Provide oversight and input for marketing videos, presentations, marketing collateral, etc.
- Oversee social media messaging, language, timing and appropriateness of content as it relates to Ursa’s company position and brand. Guide Ursa’s social media personality and tie this to marketing as a whole.
- Provide input to website messaging and flow.
- Coordinate across internal teams and external clients to own product launches and marketing programs from strategy to execution. Be an integral part of the product development lifecycle and work with internal teams and external clients to plan, strategize and launch marketing campaigns as it relates to product launches or other releases. Communicate internally to help guide brand/messaging direction to enable the Ursa team to support the overall marketing mission.
- Manage and support external events. The Ursa team frequently works from the field and out of the office. Step in to represent Marketing on a moment’s notice to keep programs on track.
- Manage Creative Lead and Marketing Assistant supporting marketing activities, including marketing support, graphic design and social media coordination.
- Lead PR efforts and serve as the point of contact for PR firms that Ursa may work with.
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in enterprise B2B Marketing or B2B Product Marketing.
- Experience in managing creative agencies and creative production.
- Experience in leading global marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Extremely proactive and organized, with a track record of success in a team environment. Ability to multi-task, set priorities and switch gears in the wake of rapidly-changing priorities, while ensuring no projects slip through the cracks.
- Travel: Occasional travel to support marketing events.
- Experience organizing and pushing a program forward, identifying a clear path for all parties and keeping the group on time and on goal.
- Excellent communications skills. Polished yet conversational writer with attention to detail.
- Ability to condense large amounts of technical information into bite-size pieces that are easy to share and understand.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident