Ursa is on an unflinching quest to move the world forward with products that bring clear direction, accuracy and positive impact. An intrepid discovery that continually expands your reach and drives bold, confident leaders.
As Vice President of Emerging Market Solutions at Ursa, you are responsible for sales targeted to new and emerging commercial markets reporting to company Chief Strategy Officers and company co-founder. Initial target markets include supply chain/logistics, insurance, and mapping. This is an exciting opportunity to bring new, satellite-based data to market and drive revenue. In this role, you’re expected to lead the sales effort including developing sales strategy, growing and leading a team, coordinating with strategic partners, and performing direct sales yourself. Join a passionate and growing team that is making the world more transparent and changing the way organizations understand the global economy.
Position is ideally located in Ithaca, NY or New York City, but there is some flexibility
- Represent Ursa in emerging commercial markets, focusing on delivering revenue with key customers.
- Represent customers and work closing with internal Ursa product development team to enhance current products and help guide future product roadmap.
- Develop and execute sales plans to identify customers and close business opportunities.
- Build executive level relationships and become a trusted advisor for your accounts.
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level; support other teams across the Ursa organization with your understanding of customer requirements and use cases.
- Exceed sales goals to drive growth.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of sales and relationship management experience for data/information products.
- Proven track record of closing complex sales and exceeding quota.
- Overall executive presence, with the proven ability to build high level executive relationships.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely proactive and organized, with a track record of success in a team environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, set priorities and switch gears in the wake of rapidly-changing priorities, while ensuring no projects slip through the cracks.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Travel: Moderate to high travel required across the sales territory.
- MBA degree.
- 5 years of relationship management experience for satellite-based information products sold into diverse commercial markets.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident