Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. Ursa is seeking an Energy Suite Product Manager to join our team to keep customer focus, drive a vision, and ensure the product meets the market's needs. The product manager needs to understand Ursa technology such that they can interact with the development team to lead the strategy for the product while seamlessly interacting with the business and customer side of the organization.
This position requires the product manager to leverage our virtual constellation of all-weather radar satellite data, merge comprehensive analytics produced by our industry leading experts, and integrate 3rd party or open source data to create solutions that give our clients a decision advantage.
- Life cycle management - own and lead product(s) across business channels from inception to launch, maintenance, improvements, and end of life.
- Scoping and managing our ongoing major and minor Energy Suite product releases
- Translating strategic needs and initiatives into well-scoped and prioritized work, interfacing directly with developers (or other internal resources) to ensure work is clear, complete, and well-motivated
- Identify customer needs, develop strategies to meet customer demands, work with the necessary departments to implement the latest technology, and monitor progress.
- Lead the definition of business, technical, and end user (e.g. UI/UX) requirements for each product, including pilots, new product launches, and existing product enhancements.
- Lead and maintain competitive product analysis for assigned products.
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams.
- Supports product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or business.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate a team of peers, customers, and partners.
- Significant experience working on technology products, preferably at an early-stage company.
- Demonstrated project management skills to include planning, documentation, scheduling, budget exercises, resource management.
- Experience in managing initiatives which require new systems specification and development, API-level systems integration, complex workflow management, UI/UX development, big data analysis, machine learning, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of one of the following: financial and energy markets, remote sensing, data analytics, or a passion for new technology
- Travel: Occasional travel required.
- Master’s Degree or 5+ years in a Technical Product Management role.
- Experience writing requirements for agile development teams as a product manager or product owner.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident