Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. Join a passionate and growing team that is making the world more transparent and changing the way organizations understand the global economy.
- Design and apply novel image processing techniques to radar imagery to enable new commercial products
- Analyze satellite imagery from a wide range of providers, image formats, and sensor modalities.
- Develop innovative image processing and exploitation algorithms.
- Prototype, demonstrate, and implement image analysis algorithms and techniques.
- Work with current image providers on data processing system requirements and specifications.
- Perform research and support image collection strategies and needs for current and future customers.
- Undergraduate degree in a physical science with an extensive image analysis and exploitation component.
- 5+ years of post-collegiate experience.
- Outstanding skills in prototyping and developing algorithms in MATLAB and other applicable languages.
- Familiarity with one or more additional programming languages: C++, java, python, etc.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Above all else, intuition, creativity, and flexibility are the most important primary qualifications.
- Graduate work/degree in a physical science with an extensive image analysis and exploitation component.
- Familiarity with basic image display packages such as Google Earth.
- Experience with ArcGIS and/or related mapping tools.
- Experience supervising and/or managing junior technical staff.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident