Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. Ursa is seeking a Product Manager to join our team to keep customer focus, drive a vision, and ensure the product meets the market's needs. The product manager needs to understand Ursa technology such that they can interact with the development team to lead the strategy for the product while seamlessly interacting with the business and customer side of the organization.
This position requires the product manager to leverage our virtual constellation of all-weather radar satellite data, merge comprehensive analytics produced by our industry leading experts, and integrate 3rd party or open source data to create solutions specifically focused around oil and gas production, oil refinery status, and dry bulk monitoring.
- Life cycle management - own and lead product(s) across business channels from inception to launch, maintenance, improvements, and end of life.
- Identify customer needs, develop strategies to meet customer demands, work with the necessary departments to implement the latest technology, and monitor progress.
- Work with Development teams to define business and technical requirements, operational requirements, and end user (e.g. UI/UX) requirements for each product, including pilots, new product launches, and existing product enhancements.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers and evaluating sales call results.
- Lead and maintain competitive product analysis for assigned products.
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships opportunities.
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Supports product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or business.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate a team of peers, customers, and partners.
- Demonstrated project management skills to include planning, documentation, scheduling, budget exercises, resource management.
- Experience in managing initiatives which require new systems specification and development, API-level systems integration, complex workflow management, UI/UX development, big data analysis, machine learning, etc.
- Travel: Occasional travel required.
- Master’s Degree or 5+ years in a Technical Product Management role.
- Experience in an Agile product development environment and related processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of one of the following: financial and energy markets, remote sensing, data analytics, machine learning or a passion for new technology.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident