Ursa is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team! Positions with front end, back end, or full stack development focus are available.
Ursa is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global economic intelligence to organizations around the world. There is a lot of cross-pollination here at Ursa. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly-skilled developers, working on a variety of projects. There are no egos here - we are looking for the best ideas and are eager to hear your input!
The ideal candidate will bring experience in developing and deploying data-driven web service technologies in support of both internal systems and customer-facing applications.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to an agile development team building web-based applications and service oriented infrastructure to support production and distribution of Ursa product line
- Design and implement efficient, modular, well-documented and well-tested code
- Support the product development team to implement customer requirements
- Learn new technologies
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
You should be familiar with some of these - you are not expected to be an expert in all:
- Java (OSGi)
- RESTful services
- NoSQL and/or SQL databases (Cassandra, Redis, MySQL, Postgres)
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Apache services (Hadoop, Accumulo, ELK Stack)
- UX design
B.Sc. M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, or other engineering discipline in which software development is a focus. Senior positions are available for candidates with more experience.
These are skills that we are always looking for but are not required:
- Security best practices
- Machine learning techniques
- Networking/sysadmin experience
We look forward to hearing from you!
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident