We are a San Francisco-based social and media platform app for the surging baby boomer market that has been historically underserved. After a year in Beta, initial market reaction has been very positive. We are now seeking a founding engineer that is able to continue our progress in executing and building product quickly. This individual should be experienced in building API-centric full stack applications that support multiple mobile clients. Early work will include backend development, webapp buildout, setting software as infrastructure and development team standards, application monitoring, and setting up continuous deployment as we scale the team.
The founding engineer will also be expected to communicate with non-tech team members, participate in decisions regarding the strategic direction of the company, especially as it relates to the technical direction and associated budget, and be involved in discussions pertaining to market feedback.
This is initially a hands-on role, but advancement is anticipated as the company grows exponentially over the next year.
This position requires at least 3 years experience and knowledge of a reasonable number of the following:
- Full-stack web application system such as (for example, Node.js or PHP, etc.)
- Scalable back end data stores and infrastructure (MySQL, Postgresql (especially for analytics is a plus), Memcached/Redis, etc.)
- Single Page Application Frameworks like React/Redux
- API and services development experiences (examples: GraphQL, gRPC, Swagger)
- DevOps and software as infrastructure tools (examples: Docker/Kubernetes, Vagrant, CircleCI, NewRelic or AppDynamics, Google Cloud or AWS)
The compensation and equity package is consistent with the position of Founding Engineer.