At Urjanet, we make the world's utility data easily accessible and usable. In order to do this, our software engineering team creates and develops innovative technology and software. With this goal in mind, Urjanet seeks developers who love to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment, and write robust, reliable, and scalable code.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 10+ years experience
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Linux, Eclipse, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with small teams as well as independently
- Experience with agile programming techniques
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain legacy code while building a next-generation microservices architecture.
- Design and develop new products and product modules
- Drive projects (either as an individual or as part of a small team) to completion
- Participate in peer technical design review sessions to drive best practices and optimize designs/solutions
- Participate in requirements discovery and functional requirements with key team members and product stakeholders to ensure detailed understanding of the request
- Work with build/release engineering, QA, and support to ensure all aspects of a project are well documented, tested, and supported