Position: Sales & Marketing - Cogeco Internet, TV and Home Phone
Help people save money and get the fastest internet available!
Here's what you can expect in your first week upon being hired:
- 4 day in class onboarding training followed
- 1-2 day job shadow followed by 1-on-1 support every day while you build confidence
- 1 hour of ongoing training every day to advance and sharpen your skills
- Continuous support from our managers every step of the way
- Clear and attainable goals to grow and advance your career here
When we take care of our People, they take care of the Brand. Our promise is to always create an environment where you can develop the skills and leadership necessary to achieve your goals. Not just your career goals - your personal ones as well.
Working with our Client, Cogeco Connexion, as an authorized marketing representative, you will help with the Cogeco brand image by interacting with dozens of potential customers each day. You will be educating them on the expansion of the Cogeco fibre optic footprint in their area and the current offers available to them, and be prepared to sign them up when they want to take our offer! You're going to think fast on your feet, smile a lot, be quick with a calculator, and give your customers a Great Deal on a bundle when it fits their needs.
Compensation and what You can expect from Us
- $973/wk Average Earnings
- Paid Training
- Competitive Compensation
- Tuesday - Saturday work schedule
- Opportunity to make management (we promote from within)
- Industry recognized resume experience
- Travel & special events
Duties and Responsibilities
Your job is to switch customers from their current internet and cable provider (Bell, MNSI, Smart.ca, TechSavvy, etc.) to internet, TV and home phone products with Cogeco.
Using our Spotio software from your smartphone or tablet, we will upload leads for you to call on. These leads are prospects that have their home services with a competitor. You will need to win their attention, identify their needs and what they have right now, then tailor a bundle of services to sign up them up for and make the offer.
In order to do that, you will need to:
- Be organized and proficient, able to follow-up with and return customer calls quickly
- Perform daily tracking of sales for weekly reports submitted to management
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders and quotes
- Attend team meetings for continued training and development of business skills
- Manage time effectively and strive to exceed personal goals
- Work effectively with other members of the team
- Basic understanding of smart device technologies (phones, tablets, computers)
- Comply with Upstat and Cogeco conduct and performance policies
- Fluent in English – Second language is an asset
- Candidates must be above the age of 18
- Ability to pass a background check
- Interest in and appreciation for technology
- Decision-making skills and ability to troubleshoot issues with customers
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Learn how products work and translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer
- Prior sales experience is an asset, but not required
- Willing to travel when needed
- Driver's license an asset