Accountant: New Downtown Dayton Office of Upsourced Accounting
Upsourced Accounting is seeking a smart, energetic accounting professional who wants to build their career while being part of the revitalization of downtown Dayton. To us an accountant isn't just an employee -- they are a key partner in ensuring success for clients and an involved member of the community they work in. We’re seeking someone with strong skills who can mesh with our team and take on the responsibility of providing clients with excellent service. Our perfect match is someone who would thrive in a collaborative and “startup” environment where things change rapidly. As a company, we strive to be the best at what we do for our clients, to ensure our employees are in positions to succeed, and to make a positive impact on the areas around us. If this sounds like you and you are interested in learning more about the culture we are bringing to the Dayton accounting scene, please contact us.
· Passion and drive
· Willingness to learn
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid collaboration skills
· The ability to deliver against expectations and deadlines
· A love for technology
· Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
· Prior accounting experience
· Degree in accounting a plus
· Experience with Xero and/or QBO a huge plus!!
· Accounting and general ledger management for clients
· Deliver accurate monthly financials and other reports within expected timeframes
· Collaboration and partnership with Account Managers
· Understand the technology we use: Xero, QBO, Gusto, Harvest, Bill.com, etc.
· Assistance with and ownership of accounting-related projects for clients
· Create processes and document best practices for each unique client
· Other responsibilities may vary based on client needs, ie. A/P, A/R, and invoicing
About Upsourced Accounting:
Upsourced Accounting is a completely cloud-based, management accounting firm servicing venture-backed tech startups and scaling creative agencies. Unlike many firms that focus on compliance and after-the-fact services, our goal is to partner with our clients in real-time to serve the CFO function. We use technology to automate data entry and commodity work, so we can instead spend our time helping clients make good, strategic decisions that grow their business.
Who We are
Founded in early 2012, Upsourced has become one of the largest Xero partners in the country and a recognized industry thought leader. Outsourced management accounting and advisory is the single largest growth opportunity in accounting today. As the industry scrambles to understand and adopt, Upsourced is leading from the front and building the blueprint for the profession.
We excel at working with small businesses and startups because we are one. Like a startup, we’re growing fast, we’re doing things no one has ever done, and we’re on a mission to build something bigger than ourselves. We treat our clients as partners and our coworkers as friends. And we always strive to keep things collaborative, kind, and fun! This means that we are innovative, fresh, responsive, flexible and approachable. We want to establish ourselves as a foil against the stereotypical, uptight accountant. We use technology to our advantage, and we embrace innovation. This truly makes us unique in the accounting industry and leaders in innovation and progressive thinking.