The team you'll join
You will be joining a team of makers that are passionate about technology and with a great sense of responsibility. Everyday we focus on building and improving our systems with scalability and high availability in mind based on three core principles: maintainability, performance and security. We stand by the idea that source code is a liability, not an asset, so we do our best to keep things simple while making sure they are able to achieve the desired outcome. We are continuously challenging ourselves, both individually and as a team, to never stop learning. We work collaboratively with a collective code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes and allowing everyone to take the challenge they see fit.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be:
- Working closely with product managers and key stakeholders to understand requirements and propose solutions.
- Designing and developing high-quality, maintainable and scalable code.
- Prospecting and driving the introduction of new technologies.
- Working as part of cross-functional teams to develop specifications, model processes and write technical design documents for new projects.
Essential skills & experience
- Proven background (3-5 years) in a Software Engineering role addressing complex architectural problems with simple but intuitive designs that promotes composable and maintainable code.
- Experience working in different phases of the software development cycle, such as planning, design, implementation, deployment and post-deployment stabilization.
- Solid understanding of High Availability, Systems Design and Architecture.
- Experience with relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Experience with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ or RabbitMQ).
- Test-driven development mindset and Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Bonus if you have experience in
- More than one coding language.
- Developing software on the Node.js ecosystem.
- Tuning and optimizing SQL queries.
- Working in the fintech space and building financial products.
- Blockchain and other cryptocurrency technologies.
- Contributing to open-source projects.
- Application security best practices.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.