The team you'll join
You will be at the front line collaborating with Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers, Mobile Engineers and Data Engineers to support new and on-going products. You will work with our talented team of Software Craftsmen to decide how to create meaningful outcomes for our users.
What you’ll be doing
As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will be:
- Working on a high profile and global platform operating in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
- Drive and collaboratively delivering a fully automated infrastructure and development pipeline.
- Participating in deployments with strict availability requirements on a large scale environment and work together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
- Expanding our effort in writing our infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Evolving our automation tasks into new territories.
- Working collaboratively with other Software and DevOps Engineers to increase our availability and reliability through insightful system and applications metrics.
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline to provide new integration vectors.
Essential skills & experience
- Interest in DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering skillset.
- Passion for writing non-trivial code and automation of tasks.
- Interest in container technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Curious about managing infrastructure with code.
- Knowledge of modern web development practices and other software development practices, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Good understanding of version control systems such as git.
Bonus if you have experience in
- Contributing to open-source projects.
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational databases (Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Working with CI systems such as Travis CI, CircleCI, Codeship, GitLab CI or Drone.
- Background or knowledge in security.