The team you'll join
You will be at the front line collaborating with Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers, Mobile Engineers and Data Engineers to support new and on-going products. You will work with our talented team of Software Craftsmen to decide how to create meaningful outcomes for our users.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be:
- Working on a high profile and global platform operating in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
- Drive and collaboratively delivering a fully automated infrastructure and development pipeline.
- Participating in deployments with strict availability requirements on a large scale environment and work together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
- Debugging complex systems understanding issues as well as potential pitfalls. You will help create a highly performante, robust and scalable platform.
- Working on improving our CI/CD pipeline to make it more robust and performant.
- Handling the on-going increasing demand for data-related infrastructure.
- Helping debug complex system issues.
- Monitoring key systems and applicational metrics.
- Improving systems insights via dedicated monitoring dashboards.
- Supporting the team as required in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Essential skills & experience
- Proven background (3-5 years) in DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering role.
- Ability to write non-trivial code in order to automate yourself out of the job.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and/or Mesos.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Packer, Terraform).
- Knowledge of the concepts behind immutable infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience with CDNs such as CloudFlare or Fastly.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems.
- Experience in building or managing monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog).
- Experience with CI/CD systems and related software development tools.
- A solid understanding of networking fundamentals (e.g. SSH, TCP/IP, NFS).
- Knowledge of modern web development practices and other software development practices.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing.
Bonus if you have experience in
- Blockchain and other cryptocurrency technologies.
- Open-source project contributions.
- Experience with relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ or RabbitMQ).
- Background or knowledge in systems security.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.