At Updox, a Business Analyst engages with customers in partnership with product management, UX/UI, and software engineers to define business problems and to design delightful, effective solutions. The Business Analyst works to translate the customer’s requirements into agile story form and leads implementation by our development teams. Finally, the Business Analyst acts as a subject matter expert throughout a project to ensure that any questions from the technical or customer teams are answered in a timely fashion.
What you'll do...
- Act as a liaison between sales, business development, product management, the customer, and the development team
- Own and drive the requirements development process in collaboration with product management and UX/UI designers
- Write user stories that clearly articulate requirements and acceptance criteria
- Partner with software engineers and quality analysts to deliver valuable solutions
- Be the expert on your products and a recognized “go-to” person for all questions from the development team and across the organization
- Conduct market and product research
- Investigate business needs and define problems
- Balance customer advocacy with scope management
- Create and maintain product and project documentation
- Review and update procedure, training, and communications materials
Essential Job Functions
- Problem Solving
- Brainstorming and facilitation
- Requirements definition using agile stories and acceptance criteria
- Agile estimating, planning, and backlog management
- Agile rituals/ceremonies
- Interface prototyping/mocking
What you'll bring...
- Subject Matter Expertise - Electronic Health Record (EHR) or Pharmacy Management System (PMS) experience would help bring your resume to the top of the list
- Experience - 5+ years as a Business Analyst or equivalent experience working in the healthcare information systems and/or SAAS-based software industry, preferably in agile environments
- Initiative - Must be able to establish strong, collaborative relationships especially with development team members
- Curiosity - Must have a passion to learn new things and solve challenging problems
- Communication - Must be able to identify target audiences and create clear, concise and effective written and verbal communications
- Passion - Advocacy for agile software development practices
- Flexibility - Requires the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Some travel is required
Please note this is not a remote position. All candidates must be able to work in the Dublin, OH office.