We believe that high quality, innovative software is built by craftsmen in a collaborative workshop environment, rather than by workers on an assembly line. Our team values passion and dedication over drudgery and busywork. To us, crafting software is a way of life, not just a job. If you share our passion for breaking new ground every day, while delivering cutting edge software solutions, and are driven to continuously improve your craft while striving for perfection each and every day, then we may have a spot for you at Updox in our high growth, startup company.
If you are selected to join our team, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of languages and technologies, learn and leverage agile practices, work on various layers of the architecture stack, build awesome web and mobile apps, and learn to love the safety of a well written automated test. Our Software Engineers are responsible for participating in many aspects of the Updox software development lifecycle for both new application development and existing system maintenance.
What you'll do...
- Requirements Estimation
- Software Development
- Software Testing
- Software Deployment
- Software Demonstrations
- Systems Documentation
- Daily Stand Ups
Essential Job Functions:
- Code/Test/Deploy Software 80%
- Mentoring/Pairing/Code Reviews 10%
- Requirement Estimation & Software Spikes 5%
- Meetings/Presentations/Demos 5%
What you'll bring...
- 2+ years of experience with Java, C# or Ruby
- 1+ years of experience with Angular.js (preferable), Ember.js or similar framework
- 2+ years of experience with jUnit, Jasmine, RSpec or similar test framework
- Test driven development experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrates understanding of algorithms and how/when to apply them
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented development and Object modeling
- Working knowledge of SQL and Object to Relational Mapping frameworks
- Proficiency with Git
- Propensity to overcome challenges and solve “hard” problems
- Internal drive for continuous improvement (knowledge, standards, best practices)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust communication to fit the audience
- Relentless desire to deliver, say what you’ll do and do what you say
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with asynchronous development and RabbitMQ (preferable)
- Experience using MySQL server
- Experience with CoffeeScript
- Experience with SASS
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap
- DevOps experience
Please note - this is not a remote position. Our office is in Dublin, Ohio.