Senior QA Engineer
Updox is looking for an innovative, team oriented Senior QA Engineer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience architecting automated solutions to perform web app, mobile, API, and back end validation. This person will have an influential role within our organization helping to drive the delivery of high quality software. The senior role will regularly collaborate with our development team but also operates with a large degree of autonomy.
What you'll do...
- Contribute to the design, expansion, and maintenance of our automated test suite.
- Help define and implement QA practices, procedures, standards, and reporting.
- Help define and plan scope, resource needs, benchmarks and goals of manual and automation work.
- Design test plans, scenarios, and cases to exercise new functionality and identify breaking issues.
- Mentor younger team members on QA/QC concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Partner with resources as needed to validate software for upcoming releases and meet sprint goals.
- Champion quality throughout the SDLC by forging influential relationships across QA, Development, Product, and DevOps.
- Act as SME during requirement creation, analysis, and testing.
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement, craft and implement solutions.
What you'll bring...
- Min. 5-7 years experience in QA.
- Min. 3-5 years experience developing automated acceptance, integration, and regression tests.
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming language.
- Expertise in building and optimizing automation frameworks (we're currently using Ruby/Cucumber/Watir).
- Experience with CI tools like Team City or Jenkins to schedule nightly regression runs.
- Performing code reviews and mentoring team members on automation concepts and best practices.
- Creating and executing test cases for sprint related development.
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, QA/QC concepts and methodology, with a strong emphasis on agile.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment.
- Mobile testing and automation (nice to have).
- Familiarity with healthcare industry (nice to have).
Please note this is not a remote position. All candidates must work from Dublin, Ohio office.