Upbound is a cloud native computing startup that empowers organizations to run, scale and optimize their services across multiple public and private cloud environments. Our growing team is on a mission to free cloud-computing from the grip of a few proprietary cloud vendors. We are passionate about building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space powered by open source.
Upbound is headquartered in Seattle and is hiring for roles on open source projects and commercial hosted offerings.
In this role you will be working primarily on open source projects. We welcome candidates who want to work remotely. We are looking for team members that have a high level of independence and autonomy.
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
In this role, you can expect to be:
- Extending the Kubernetes API with custom controllers and resources.
- Working on scheduling algorithms to optimize and deploy applications across disparate cloud environments.
- Integrating with public cloud APIs to provision and deploy managed services.
- Writing clean, production ready code that reliably manages enterprise workloads and elegantly handles failures in real world environments at scale.
- Leading feature development from design through testing and release.
- Contributing to open source projects such as Crossplane and Kubernetes, and working closely with their communities.
- Representing Upbound in special interest groups, conferences, and meetups.
- Coding primarily in Golang.
You are a good fit if:
- You are persuasive and courteous when interacting with the open source community.
- You are able to drive complex features from design to high-quality code.
- You are able to balance trade-offs in both design and implementation.
- You appreciate the complexity of arriving at something simple.
- You are effective in working independently.
- You are effective at communicating and socializing your ideas.
It would be excellent if:
- You are an active contributor to the Kubernetes project.
- You love distributed systems and cloud computing.
- You’re an active speaker, blogger, and member of open source communities.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.