Upbound.io is a cloud-native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community-driven cloud computing platform, to empower developers and organizations to build and run a new generation of software across multiple public and private cloud environments. We are passionately leading an open-source effort around building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space.
The Infrastructure Team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Infrastructure, to work across all teams and design set of world-class, self-service solutions. You will be interfacing with engineering, infrastructure services, and application development teams to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into Upbound environments.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Champion Others, Be Collaborative, Stay on Target, Stay Hungry, Have Fun and Empower Others; Upbound uses these values to build and uphold culture. We understand that culture is an iterative process and invite all Upbounders to take the startup as code approach where any employee can have input on the process. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
- 2+ years of working experience with Kubernetes.
- Hands-on programming experience with Go.
- You are intimately familiar with public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Experience developing standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Service, and Application Development to select appropriate technical solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Be entrusted to make business-critical decisions, procuring the right technology and designing and implementing a self-service solution for the teams that consume Upbound infrastructure.
- Providing routine maintenance, support of Kubernetes infrastructure, including extending Kubernetes API and functionality via CRD/Controller applications.
- Balance tradeoffs between enterprise and open source technologies to better serve Upbound
- Troubleshoot, and problem-solve to remediate Infrastructure related issues.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms, including frameworks and technology stacks for delivering Upbound products.
- Reporting and fixing bugs in private and public projects.
- Collaborate with the development teams to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Support the full project lifecycle - discovery, analysis, architecture, design, documentation, building, migration, automation, and production-readiness.
It is a plus if…
- You’re an active speaker, blogger, and member of open source communities.
- You have worked in a startup before.
- Passionate about Kubernetes and the Cloud Native space.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.