Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform. We are passionately leading an open source multicloud control plane effort, Crossplane
, while building a commercial offering targeted at enterprise infrastructure and app development teams. This product helps enterprises build, deploy, and manage cloud native applications on the infrastructure of their choosing.
Upbound is looking for a Sr. Product Marketing leader to get in on the ground floor and partner with product management to define and own go to market strategy and responsibilities for our commercial product. You should be comfortable with technical products, their buyers, and have personal experience with the full cycle of product marketing. As our first product marketing hire, you will be responsible for product positioning, sales enablement, and the creation of compelling content that communicates the value of Upbound and the business success of our enterprise customers.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate market size and business impact and drive go to market strategy and execution for Upbound’s commercial offerings
- Work with product management to ensure that we are delivering on end to end scenarios that wow and excite our customers
- Develop messaging, positioning and core content that communicates the value of your product
- Help with the strategic business development process by preparing content and articulating a clear value proposition
- Interact with customers and partners to gather requirements in conjunction with product management and business development
- Develop a competitive strategy and the tools and enablement necessary to ensure successful field execution of the competitive playbook
- Work with engineering and product teams to understand the specifics of competitive offerings and translate that knowledge to differentiated messaging and collateral
- Develop compelling thought leadership content, case studies, analysis relative to Upbound and the cloud native/open source market
- Work cross-functionally with the Business Development and Product Management teams to develop unique and relevant business, partner and product strategy for the emerging opportunity.
- 6+ years of product management or product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or Cloud Native product.
- Very comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
Would be excellent if...
- You love distributed systems and cloud computing and helping enterprises adopt them both
- You have worked in a startup before
- You have experience working with distributed teams
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.