Upbound is a cloud native computing startup that empowers organizations to run, scale and optimize their services across multiple public and private cloud environments. Our growing team is on a mission to free cloud-computing from the grip of a few proprietary cloud vendors. We are passionate about building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space powered by open source.
Upbound is headquartered in Seattle and is hiring for roles on open source projects and commercial hosted offerings.
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define and deliver product features by writing specs and user stories, building wireframes, prototypes, test plans, and release checklists.
- Communicate feature functionality, collect feedback and iterate.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing, business development, developer relations and other cross-functional teams.
- Handle a backlog of features and help the team prioritize their work.
- Champion our customers in every aspect of your role.
- Maintain a short and long term roadmap.
- Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Represent Upbound at conferences, analyst meetings, and press briefings.
You are a good fit if:
- You can move fluidly between big picture and details.
- You have a nose for great products and user experience.
- You are good with qualitative and quantitative reasoning.
- You appreciate the complexity of arriving at something simple.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, and ambiguous input into a solid plan.
- You communicate with empathy and high precision.
- You are technical enough to participate in architectural and engineering decisions.
- You have 5+ years of related industry experience.
Would be excellent if:
- You’ve worked in the cloud-computing or adjacent space.
- You’re an active speaker, blogger, and member of open source communities.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.