Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a market-leading digital platform, secured funding from top-tier investors, and signed contracts with a variety of global corporations… but we’re just getting started.
We have humongous plans –and need lots of help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as our first content person to lead Unmind’s content marketing efforts moving forward.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform – providing clinically-backed tools, training, and assessments that anyone can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind –because we all have mental health, all of the time– and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Content Marketing Manager
As a team of thirty-six, everyone does a bit of everything and we’re a SUPER flat organisation –all opinions are valued regardless of role, tenure or background– so every aspect of the business is up for debate. That said, the core remit of this particular role is to:
- Lead our content strategy, driving customer acquisition, activation and retention.
- Fully conceptualise, write, and edit engaging content.
- Leverage our existing relationships - clients and contributors - to add credibility.
- Craft and own our tone of voice.
- Ensure quality and consistency across different channels including online and events.
- Ensure that all efforts are highly organised and systematically tracked.
- Refine our schedule to align with key events, new research and product launches.
- Optimise your output, considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- Work with Design, Client Success and Sales to identify opportunities and deliver your vision.
- Contribute to our wider communications strategy inc. PR relationships etc.
- Grow Unmind into a global thought leader that is truly loved!
We are looking for someone to lead Unmind’s content marketing activities. To-date most of our content has been written by different members of the Unmind team, but we feel that now is the right time to scale our efforts, professionalise our approach, and grow Unmind into a global thought leader.
This role will require working incredibly closely in collaboration with our Head of Marketing as well as our Sales and Client Success teams to ensure we are always aligned and working towards the same overarching objectives. The successful candidate will be extremely bright, unwaveringly candid, and bring oodles of insight to the table. If you’re ambitious, creative and articulate, then this is an opportunity to oversee all-things content marketing at a fast-growth, high-impact startup.
Here’s how your skills and passion will come to life at Unmind:
- Build: Design, develop, and deliver Unmind’s content marketing strategy. This will include (but is not limited to): content creation and deployment; tone of voice and positioning; optimising SEO and discoverability whilst tracking progress.
- Redefine: Transform the world’s perception of mental health. Unmind is changing the landscape of mental healthcare, and your input will play an enormous role in how we achieve that. You will need to create effective content that elevates the subject whilst ensuring that we always uphold our core values.
- Collaborate: Harness the kaleidoscope of personal stories and professional expertise from across the Unmind team to inspire others around our mission/vision/purpose. Work with our phenomenal clients, users and collaborators to leverage their shared passion, testimonials, and insights around improving workplace mental health.
- Implement: Instill analytics and reporting around all content initiatives to enhance business predictability and transparency. Help define, track and manage company KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) associated with content marketing.
- Reflect: Review all content and communication activity to-date, retrospectively looking for opportunities or improvements that will enhance efficiency/effectiveness. Compile periodic reporting and insights from ongoing content efforts to aid internal planning and enhance our collective understanding of what is/isn’t striking a chord with the market.
- Partner: Proactively connect with early-adopters, industry experts, and thought-leaders within the market to ensure that our messaging is always striking the right chord.
- Grow: We love working with people who are naturally curious and always seek opportunities to learn. We have a hugely experienced team but none of us think we are the finished article. You shall expect to be challenged and to challenge others internally. We are striving to create something truly special so egos need to be left at the door.
Skills and Experience
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- 3+ years of content marketing experience – ideally within a tech-led enterprise environment.
- Experience building a successful B2B enterprise content marketing strategy.
- Ability to leverage a network of clients/experts/ambassadors.
- A love for storytelling, and a natural ability to engage customers and prospects.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent editorial and copywriting abilities, including long form and short form content.
- Ability and willingness to source knowledge and research topics independently.
- Understand the B2B marketing funnel, including the customer's journey.
- Creative, innovative and have an eye for detail.
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
- An ability to simplify, communicate, and sell ideas to multiple groups of stakeholders, with a relentless enthusiasm to over-deliver on targets and expectations.
- Bona. Fide. Hustler. If it needs doing, you’ll get it done - somehow, some way.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
- Not a terrible human being… Ideally a great one. We’re a tight team and want to stay that way.
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Prior role(s) within a B2B SaaS environment and/or HR Tech experience.
- Previous startup and/or entrepreneurial experience (inc. being innovative with resources!)
- Comfortable working for a small, rapid growth business with constant change/unknowns.
- Bonus points for expertise in video production, graphic design, or website management.
- Passionate about design, UX and beautiful brands.
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who –in the last 24-months– have secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to enhance (and leverage) Unmind’s market presence will be paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and –perhaps most importantly– will genuinely improve people’s lives.
Location: Unmind’s London office (London Bridge / Borough)
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing budget to use at your discretion
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop bar, wellbeing events)
- A culture of continuous learning
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace
Hours: Regular 09:00–18:00 working day (with capacity for remote working and flexible hours).
Remuneration: Salary TBC - reflective of candidate experience and skill set.