Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a market-leading digital platform; secured funding from industry experts; and signed contracts with a variety of global corporations… but we’re just getting started!
Our future successes will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to function in a fluid and efficient manner will be paramount. If done right, then the opportunities are vast, compounded and, perhaps most importantly, will genuinely improve people’s lives.
If you’re a great human and exceptionally talented in the areas below, then please let us know!
The main focus for the data science engineer is to work with a team of highly capable data scientists and full-stack engineers to build full production systems and architectures employing cutting-edge machine learning and AI technologies to drive change and improvements across our products and business organisation.
- Apply machine learning, statistical modelling and data analysis techniques for building automated systems, which integrate with our product to detect patterns in real-world data, organise information, extract entities and/or discover relationships.
- Work with full-stack engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for full-scale implementation.
- Work with statistically-minded data scientists to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms.
- Building, deploying and maintaining internal applications for data visualisation, interactive analytics as well as system management and monitoring.
- Extend, develop, program and implement algorithms and solutions.
- Identify and take any necessary steps to prevent, solve or mitigate any code errors, bugs, application downtime or other similar issues.
- Produce code which meets all requirements agreed to specifications and complies with Unmind’s software development quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide and maintain clear and concise project and software documentation.
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar from a leading university plus at least 2 years of commercial experience.
- Master’s Degree in Computer science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar from a leading university plus at least 1 year of commercial experience.
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Mathematical Modelling, Computational Linguistics or similar from a leading university.
- Expertise in core computer science and software engineering concepts such as data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimisation and version control.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Solid understanding of machine learning theory and practice (gradient descent, back-propagation, feature engineering, regularisation, hyperparameter tuning, ensemble methods, RNNs).
- Good knowledge of machine learning algorithms (e.g k-NN, k-means, logistic regression, GLM, decision trees, random forest, SVMs).
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Nice to have:
- Any previous experience working with React and GraphQL.
- Familiarity with statistical techniques and concepts for analysis, exploration and modelling of data (central limit theorem, density functions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, standard errors, collinearity, factor analysis, Bayes’ Theorem).
- Any commercial experience deploying machine learning based models into production.
- Practical experience with at least one popular deep learning framework (Tensorflow, Keras) and proven ability to implement a given neural network configuration/architecture.
- Proficiency with regular expressions and other deterministic methods for text processing.
- Any practical experience in natural language processing (NLP) and understanding (NLU).
In addition to meeting the requirements above, the successful candidate will be intellectually powerful, candid, direct and non-political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity and ambition. This includes:
- Untarnished reputation for personal and professional integrity and honesty.
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives.
- “Hacker” attitude for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon and challenging problems.
- Highly organized, structured and detail-oriented, capable of thinking through problems systematically while keeping a global vision.
- Autonomous and responsible, willing to roll up your sleeves and “get your hands dirty”.
- An adept influencer and negotiator, comfortable simplifying, communicating and selling ideas effectively across the organisation.
- Positive and friendly attitude, team-oriented with highly developed interpersonal skills.
If you choose to work with us, you will be joining a growing and dynamic team with an outstanding work environment and huge potential for rapid advancement. We strive to have an upbeat and positive culture where integrity, innovation, collaboration and ownership are the central tenets. We are a SUPER flat organisation where all input is valued equally regardless of role, tenure or acumen and we are constantly challenging the status quo. We will work with you to help you achieve your own goals and progression in your career, both within the company and at a personal level. In addition to the above, you will also enjoy:
- A fantastic team with friendly and respectful colleagues.
- The ability to influence and develop the core technologies of our platform.
- A wellbeing budget to use at your discretion.
- Remote working once per week.
- Pension and generous holiday policy.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and meetups.
- Free online courses to help you continuously learn new skills.
- Free on-site gym facilities.
- Regular social events.
- Dog-friendly workplace!
Hours: Regular 09.00–18.00 working day, flexible hours and remote working available.
Salary: £50K - £60K
Unmind is a B2B mental health platform. We use the latest scientific findings from positive psychology, cognitive-behavioural therapy, neuroscience and mindfulness to create programmes that measurably improve people’s mental wellbeing. Our digital platform provides organisations with programmes that are engaging, non-stigmatising, affordable and scalable. We’ve worked with the world’s top clinicians, behavioural experts, professors and institutions to develop our software – providing clinically-backed tools and training to help create healthier, happier, more human organisations.