Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. In 2017 we developed a market-leading digital platform; secured funding from industry experts; and have since signed contracts with a variety of global corporations... but we’re just getting started. We have humongous plans – and need lots of help in achieving them.
Unmind is a B2B mental health platform. We use the latest scientific findings from positive psychology, cognitive-behavioural therapy, neuroscience and mindfulness to create programmes that measurably improve people’s mental wellbeing. Our digital platform provides organisations with programmes that are engaging, non-stigmatising, affordable and scalable.
We’ve worked with the world’s top clinicians, behavioural experts, professors and institutions to develop our software. Our clinically-backed tools and training help to create healthier, happier, more human organisations.
The Role – Client Success Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised and great relationship builder who will be an integral part of Unmind’s growth and success moving forward. The satisfaction of our clients is the lifeblood of Unmind – without their ongoing engagement and advocacy we’d be kaput. The individual selected for this role will therefore be responsible for both the success of their clients’ programmes and Unmind’s future trajectory. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to collaborate on building something in an entrepreneurial way.
As a team of 20, everyone does a bit of everything and we’re a pretty flat organisation - input is valued regardless of role, tenure or acumen and every aspect of the business is up for debate. That said, the core remit of this particular role is: (a) doing everything possible to ensure our clients feel joyful about interacting with Unmind (b) Owning your own portfolio of clients (covering the whole client lifecycle – from onboarding to ongoing relationship management); c) maximising the chance of contract renewal through sustained and valuable liaison (consulting on communications to help with employee engagement, for example) with the key decision makers within each of your accounts d) looking for new ways to engage and delight our clients and supporting delivery of wider-initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a great relationship builder who will be an integral part of Unmind’s growth and success moving forward. The satisfaction of our users and clients is the lifeblood of Unmind – without their ongoing engagement and advocacy we’d be kaput. The individual selected for this role will therefore be responsible for both the success of their clients’ programmes and Unmind’s future trajectory. Equally, user engagement (and feedback) is perhaps the most important metric for retaining our clients – and in this team you’ll be truly responsible for moving the needle. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to collaborate on building something in an entrepreneurial way.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Unmind:
- Build: Devising and supporting clients’ strategies to promote Unmind within their workforce. Working with corporate comms/benefits teams to advise on best practice for engagement, as well as directly utilising channels (e.g. email newsletters) to engage users.
- Protect: Our ability to satisfy existing clients (and thus retain their contracts) is the bedrock of Unmind’s success. Consistent liaison with stakeholders (digital/F2F) is paramount, evidencing contributions to Net Promoter Scores.
- Listen: Curating feedback and effectively feeding it into our development roadmap. We want clients to feel a genuine connection with Unmind and that their contributions are explored.
- Reflect: Periodic reporting/insights to understand user behavior for both client feedback and internal planning. (A good eye for detail or trends can help us identify bottlenecks or opportunities.)
- Strategise: Proactively connecting with clients to understand their current needs and troubleshoot issues before they grow. Managing and prioritising workflow internally to ensure resource is set aside to achieve this.
- Own: Manage and maintain your client database – supporting oversight of your clients’ lifecycle and providing timely two-cents where appropriate.
- Partner: Provide candid input on key projects and collaborate on wider initiatives that supporting the upkeep of our client portfolio.
- Support: Understand the ins/outs of the Unmind platform so as to help remedy issues in an efficient manner when they crop up.
- Lead: Every single person who joins the team will play a big role in helping to nurture our culture, processes and future aspirations. Whether it’s within your team or the wider organisation, the whole company has a huge amount to figure out and we want/need everybody to play a definitive role in that evolution.
Skills and Experience:
As with any professional services organisation, Unmind’s success depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and capable of building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- Driven individual with a proven track record of picking something up and running with it; creatively defining the solution for an agreeable outcome. There is no ‘right’ way.
- Prior Customer Success / Account Management experience within an enterprise environment.
- Candidate must be fully comfortable with every aspect of the client lifecycle – e.g. onboarding and roll-out; day-to-day relationship management; escalation handling; ongoing communication/marketing consultation; contract renewals.
- Able to forge and build relationships at a senior level – across sectors and geographies.
- Dedicated and able to show initiative to meet OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), deliver results and drive improvement.
- Proactive in helping to maximise engagement across all client platforms – adding value via dynamic strategies, communications and timely reporting.
- Personable yet pragmatic – you’re extremely people-centric but understand the commercial ramifications of client requests/demands.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task across multiple projects and stakeholders
- Capacity to drive, develop and draw insights from client case studies, research, and market analysis to enhance the product and user / client satisfaction.
- Presentable, with enthusiasm to over-deliver on client expectations.
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
- Bona. Fide. Hustler. If it needs doing, you’ll get it done - somehow, some way.
- Desire to take Unmind global and become the leading organisation for B2B mental health.
- Not a terrible human being... Ideally a great one. We’re a tight team and want to stay that way.
- B2B background/roles (esp. SaaS or digital).
- Experience working in Project Management role or similar.
- Management experience.
- Comfortable with comms platforms (i.e. MailChimp).
- Knowledge of modern CRM tools (i.e Hubspot).
- Previous startup and/or entrepreneurial experience (inc. being innovative with tight budgets!).
- Passion for mental health and positively improving people’s lives.
- Exposure to networks in HR, employee benefits, wellbeing or similar.
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who – in less than a year – secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which client success are an enormous part. IF done right, then the professional opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast and – perhaps most importantly – will genuinely improve people’s lives.
Unmind’s London office (Borough).
● Great colleagues (personally and professionally).
● Regular social company gatherings.
● Weekly Unmind walk, run and mindfulness for those interested.
● Wellbeing budget.
● A culture of continuous learning.
Regular 0900–1800 working day (with capacity for remote working and/or flexible hours upon proving ability to deliver autonomously).
Salary TBC - reflective of candidate experience and skill set.
If you’re a great human and exceptionally talented in the areas above, then please get in touch.
Express your interest by submitting a CV and cover letter (detailing desire and applicability for the role). If successful, the next step(s) will be: (i) brief phone call; (ii) initial face-to-face meeting iii) formal exercise and meeting with wider team.