Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. By joining us you could help create healthier, happier, more human organisations. Bet that makes a change from every other job you’ve looked at today.
Our Borough-based engineering team use the latest proven technology (React Native, ES6, Typescript, GraphQL, Serverless frameworks, AWS Lambda) and are writing the best code of their careers. Last year we moved our entire backend from Rest APIs to GraphQL, and now we’ve embarked on a front end rebuild, moving from Angular to ReactJS and React Native.
That’s where you come in. You’ll take a technology leadership role within the team to develop new features, improve usability and ensure that our customers continue to love our mobile app. You’ll strengthen our mobile squad’s confidence so that we can write better code, estimate better, have richer conversations and make more interesting decisions.
We’d love to meet you if you care about the same things as we do:
- Being part of a team that’s committed to one another’s success
- Getting really high-quality code into production
- Building an environment of continuous improvement, accountability and ownership
- Developing our culture of constructive code review
- Reusable, extensible code that’s easily understood and worked on by other team members
You’ll bring experience and skills in:
- Building mobile applications using React Native with TypeScript and a well-developed understanding of the ecosystem within an agile software development environment
- Mentoring and upskilling other technologists. You’re generous with your knowledge and are looking for a role where you get to share what you’ve learned
- Web security best practices
- Providing technical advice to product managers and non-technical colleagues
We’re interested in all sorts of things, so bonus points if you get excited about functional programming, Serverless frameworks, Objective-C, Swift, Java or Kotlin, challenging the status quo and using your lunchtimes to take care of yourself (going for a run, joining in one of our office mindfulness sessions or popping to Borough market for deliciousness) rather than doing more work.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated. Needless to say, we welcome applications from all, so that our teams reflect the kaleidoscope of people we serve.
Location: Unmind’s London office (London Bridge / Borough)
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing budget to use at your discretion
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop bar, wellbeing events)
- A culture of continuous learning
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace