Closing date: 12th October 2018
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a market-leading digital platform; secured funding from industry experts; and signed contracts with a variety of global corporations… but we’re just getting started. We have humongous plans – and need lots of help in achieving them.
If you’re a great human and exceptionally talented in the areas below, then please apply.
Unmind is a B2B mental health platform. We use the latest scientific findings from positive psychology, cognitive-behavioural therapy, neuroscience and mindfulness to create programmes that measurably improve people’s mental wellbeing. Our digital platform provides organisations with programmes that are engaging, non-stigmatising, affordable and scalable. We’ve worked with the world’s top clinicians, behavioural experts, professors and institutions to develop our software – providing clinically-backed tools and training to help create healthier, happier, more human organisations.
Unmind’s engineering team fosters an environment of continuous improvement in the quality of our code and in the efficiency of our software development practices. We leverage the latest technologies to help create healthier, happier, more human organisations.
- Ensure all software developed is of a robust and high quality nature meeting the requirements of the agreed specifications and complying with Unminds formal and informal development team standards and procedures
- Build reusable, extensible code that is easily worked on by other team members
- Ship both large and small features independently
- Investigate and implement bug fixes and performance improvements
- At least a College/University Bachelor degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable working with relational databases (designing schemas & optimising)
- Proficient with Git and Git Flow
- Solid understanding of the internal workings of web applications
- Strong knowledge of software development and agile best practices
- A good understanding of web security best practices
Skills and knowledge in using the following technologies:
- React and React Native, SASS
- GraphQL, NodeJS
- AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, Aurora (MySQL), EC2, S3, CloudFront
- Serverless Frameworks
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with functional programming and mobile development
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience developing with ReactJS and understanding open source technologies
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
The successful candidate will be intellectually powerful, candid, direct and non-political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity and ambition. Other essential attributes include:
- Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Untarnished reputation for personal and professional integrity and honesty
- Highly curious, you enjoy new challenges and have a ‘can do’ attitude
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who, in the last 18 months, have secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to function in a fluid and efficient manner will be paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and –perhaps most importantly– will genuinely improve people’s lives.
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing budget to use at your discretion
- A culture of continuous learning
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Work from home days
- Dog friendly workplace
Location: Unmind’s London office (Victoria)
Remuneration: Salary TBC - reflective of candidate experience and skill set.