ROLE: Head of Marketing
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a market-leading digital platform, secured funding from top-tier investors, and signed contracts with a variety of global corporations… but we’re just getting started. We have humongous plans – and need lots of help in achieving them – which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to lead, develop, and nurture Unmind’s marketing efforts moving forward.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform – providing clinically-backed tools, training, and assessments that anyone can use to proactively improve their mental health. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We’ve worked with the world’s top clinicians, behavioural experts, professors and institutions to develop our software – combining the latest scientific findings from positive psychology, cognitive behavioural therapy, neuroscience and mindfulness to create programmes that measurably improve people’s lives.
We believe that everyone has the the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Head of Marketing
As a team of thirty, everyone does a bit of everything and we’re a SUPER flat organisation – all opinions are valued regardless of role, tenure or background – so every aspect of the business is up for debate. That said, the core remit of this particular role is to:
- Lead on all aspects of Unmind’s marketing efforts.
- Devise, develop, and deliver effective marketing campaigns with tangible outcomes.
- Ensure that all marketing endeavours are highly organised and systematically tracked
- Generate, nurture, and qualify (lots of) dreamy leads for our Sales team to engage with.
- Strengthen Unmind’s position as the market leader (and keep us there… way out in front).
- Leverage our existing clients, case studies, and testimonials in a highly conscious manner.
- Work with Design/Product teams to refine and codify Unmind’s industry presence.
- Diligently refine our schedule of events, content, awards, press, and media commitments.
- Grow Unmind into a global brand that is truly loved (even by folks outside of our industry).
We are looking for someone to nurture, expand and manage all of Unmind’s marketing activities. To-date we’ve done no outbound activity whatsoever (our growth has come from organic word-of-mouth), but we feel that now is the right time to galvanise our market presence. This role will require working incredibly closely in collaboration with our sales team ensuring that sales/marketing are always aligned and working towards the same overarching objectives. The successful candidate will be extremely bright, unwaveringly candid, and bring oodles of insight to the table. If you’re an ambitious, creative problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to oversee all-things marketing at a fast-growth, high-impact startup.
Here’s how your skills and passion will come to life at Unmind:
- Build: Design, develop, and deliver Unmind’s marketing strategy. This will include (but is not limited to): lead generation; prospect nurturing; content deployment; collateral production; industry awareness (exhibitions/webinars); and PR (proactive/reactive).
- Redefine: Transform the world’s perception of mental health. Unmind is changing the landscape of mental healthcare, and your input will play an enormous role in how we achieve that. You will need to create effective marketing campaigns that elevate the subject whilst ensuring that we always uphold our core values.
- Operationalise: Fine-tune our integrated marketing programmes across every touchpoint (brand, digital, content, events etc.) in order to systemise lead generation, nurturing, and qualification handoff to the sales team.
- Collaborate: Harness the kaleidoscope of personal stories and professional expertise from across the Unmind team to inspire others around our mission/vision/purpose. Work with our phenomenal clients and users to leverage their shared passion, testimonials, and case studies around improving workplace mental health.
- Implement: Instil analytics and reporting around all marketing initiatives to enhance business predictability and transparency. Help define, track and manage company KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) associated with marketing across the business.
- Lead: The individual selected for this role will most likely build a team around her/himself, overseeing recruitment and being accountable for their development and deliverables.
- Reflect: Oversee a review of all marketing activity to-date, retrospectively looking for opportunities or improvements that will enhance efficiency/effectiveness. Compile periodic reporting and insights from ongoing marketing efforts to aid internal planning and enhance our collective understanding of what is/isn’t striking a chord with the market.
- Own: Evaluate, procure, and manage any agency or vendor relationships required to deliver on our marketing strategy (providing a robust business case for any new 3rd parties).
- Partner: Proactively connect with early-adopters, industry experts, and thought-leaders within the market to ensure that our messaging is always striking the right chord.
Skills and Experience
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- 5+ years of strategic marketing experience – ideally within a tech-led enterprise environment.
- Experience building a B2B enterprise marketing strategy powered by high-quality content, workshops/webinars, industry exhibitions, data-driven lead qualification, and leveraging our existing network of clients/experts/ambassadors.
- Deep knowledge of implementing marketing infrastructure (i.e. automation, execution and measurement tools) to track ROI and effectiveness of lead acquisition and conversion.
- Experience distilling stakeholder feedback into product positioning and marketing campaigns.
- Proven ability to form, nurture and convert a pipeline of enterprise leads through integrated marketing campaigns.
- Ability to identify, articulate, and enact improvements to our client acquisition strategy, using the latest-and-greatest marketing magic that you can find.
- Insatiable curiosity – you know every nook and cranny of our marketing landscape, can anticipate potential problems/opportunities and, most importantly, have a plan to mitigate/maximise them.
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
- An ability to simplify, communicate, and sell ideas to multiple groups of stakeholders, with a relentless enthusiasm to over-deliver on targets and expectations.
- Bona. Fide. Hustler. If it needs doing, you’ll get it done - somehow, some way.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
- Not a terrible human being… Ideally a great one. We’re a tight team and want to stay that way.
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Prior role(s) within a B2B SaaS environment and/or HR Tech experience.
- Previous startup and/or entrepreneurial experience (inc. being innovative with resources!).
- History of hiring/developing an internal marketing team and overseeing their success.
- Proficiency with design software (i.e Sketch / Adobe Suite).
- Comfortable working for a small, rapid growth business with constant change/unknowns.
- Exposure to networks in HR, employee benefits, wellbeing or similar.
- Passionate about design, UX and beautiful brands.
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who –in the last 24-months– have secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to enhance (and leverage) Unmind’s market presence will be paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and –perhaps most importantly– will genuinely improve people’s lives.
Location: Unmind’s London office (London Bridge / Borough)
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing budget to use at your discretion
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop bar, wellbeing events)
- A culture of continuous learning
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace
Hours: Regular 09:00–18:00 working day (with capacity for remote working and flexible hours).
Remuneration: Salary/Equity TBC - reflective of candidate experience and skill set.