Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a market-leading digital platform, secured funding from top-tier investors, and signed contracts with a variety of global corporations… but we’re just getting started.
We have humongous plans –and need lots of help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our product team and ensure that we’re constantly improving, refining, and developing our proposition.
If you’re a great human and highly talented in the areas below, then please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform – providing clinically-backed tools, training, and assessments that anyone can use to proactively improve their mental health. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind –because we all have mental health, all of the time– and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Product Manager
As a team of thirty, everyone does a bit of everything and we’re a SUPER flat organisation –all opinions are valued regardless of role, tenure or background– so every aspect of the business is up for debate. That said, the core remit of this particular role is to:
- Work with our product, design and engineering teams to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
- Devise, develop, and deliver new product features with tangible business outcomes.
- Oversee our development sprints (sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint demos etc.).
- Create and review user stories (inc. granular breakdowns, acceptance criteria, QA).
- Diligently prioritise our product backlog whilst balancing customer/resource demands.
- Collate and define feature requirements from wider stakeholders (both internal/external).
- Ensure that all product endeavours are highly organised and systematically tracked.
- Conduct research and analysis with our clients, users, and wider market.
- Strengthen Unmind’s position as the industry leader (and keep us there… way out in front).
We are looking for someone to curate, manage, and enhance our product development. This role will require working incredibly closely with our existing product, engineering, and design teams to ensure that our outputs are always aligned with overarching business objectives. The successful candidate will be incredibly bright, unwaveringly candid, and bring oodles of insight to the table. If you’re an ambitious, creative problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to oversee all-things product at a fast-growth, high-impact startup.
Here’s how your skills and passion will come to life at Unmind:
- Build: Work closely with internal stakeholders to devise, depict and deliver on our product roadmap. You will have a deep understanding of every single facet and be able to ensure that cross-functional teams are fully aligned.
- Redefine: Unmind is changing the landscape of workplace mental health, and your input will play an enormous role in how we achieve that. You will need to balance both commercial and technical requirements in order to keep our platform ahead of the pack.
- Operationalise: Oversee our Agile working methodologies (e.g. backlog grooming, feature prioritisation, sprint planning, stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives) to ensure our processes are as efficient/effective as possible.
- Protect: Ensure that our development resource is mindfully deployed. Our ever-expanding “wish list” of features needs to be balanced with business requirements and development resource – you’ll need to prioritise the roadmap alongside our engineers’ precious time.
- Lead: Manage product outputs and analysis to enhance business predictability and transparency. Help refine, track and manage company key performance indicators (KPIs) within the product team.
- Collaborate: Curate client/user feedback and effectively feed it back into our development roadmap. We want all stakeholders to feel a genuine connection with Unmind and that their contributions are explored. (A good eye for detail or trends can help us identify bottlenecks or opportunities.)
- Own: Your work will be end-to-end. From contributing nascent ideas and scoping user requirements through to testing and launching core features – your actions will have a genuine impact on people’s lives.
- Reflect: Work with our Data Science team to collate, distil, review user insights across the platform in order to identify additional areas for improvement/research.
- Partner: Proactively connect with existing clients, channel partners, and everyday users to understand their needs and troubleshoot issues before they grow.
Skills and Experience
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Beyond that, our ideal candidate traits for this particular role are:
- Product management experience – ideally 2+ years within a tech-led enterprise environment.
- History working in agile environments using scrum methodologies with cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with product management software (i.e Jira / Confluence / Sketch / Figma).
- Enthusiasm for all-things digital.
- Comfortable with every aspect of the development lifecycle; from initial ideation and creation of user stories, through to Sprint Planning and QA.
- Utterly exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrable track record of managing (and delivering) multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent communications skills –both verbal and written– with confidence to make clear, articulate recommendations (or challenges) about our roadmap of features/improvements.
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
- Multi-disciplinary arbiter – establishing a shared product vision across the company by building consensus on priorities and roadmap execution.
- Insatiable curiosity – you know every nook and cranny of the product landscape (both internally and externally) and stay up-to-date on the latest trends/developments within our ecosystem.
- An ability to simplify, communicate, and sell ideas to multiple groups of stakeholders, with a relentless enthusiasm to over-deliver on targets and expectations.
- Bona. Fide. Hustler. If it needs doing, you’ll get it done - somehow, some way.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
- Not a terrible human being… Ideally a great one. We’re a tight team and want to stay that way.
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Prior experience organising and running product/design workshops with users.
- Comfortable working in a small, rapid growth business with lots of moving parts.
- Project management experience.
- Prior role(s) within a B2B SaaS environment and/or HR Tech.
- Finger on the pulse of best-practice product management methodologies.
- A deep appreciation of excellent design, UX and beautiful digital products.
- Exposure to networks in HR, employee benefits, wellbeing or similar.
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who –in the last 24-months– have secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to maintain a market-leading product is absolutely paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and –perhaps most importantly– will genuinely improve people’s lives.
Location: Unmind’s London office (London Bridge / Borough)
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing budget to use at your discretion
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop bar, wellbeing events)
- A culture of continuous learning
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace
Hours: Regular 09:00–18:00 working day (with capacity for remote working and flexible hours).
Remuneration: Salary/Equity TBC - reflective of candidate experience and skill set.
Applications: Express your interest by submitting a CV and cover letter (detailing desire and applicability for the role)