As a systems programmer on the Subnautica team, your primary responsibility will be to help the team ship high-quality software on multiple platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4).
An ideal candidate has experience shipping games on a variety of platforms, preferably with strong Unity and C# experience. The ability to tackle a wide range of problems - architecting key systems, performance analysis and optimization, maintaining editor tools - is a must.
We have a distributed team, self direction and good communication are important skills for success in this environment. This is a permanent, full-time position. You can work from our central office in San Francisco, or anywhere in the world (like many of our team members).
- 5+ years experience shipping games on a variety of platforms (or equivalent)
- C# programming experience
- Familiarity with Unity
- Ability to optimize and work within the performance limitations of current platforms
- Team player with good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats