Use our level design tools to create detailed and vibrant alien environments. Your tasks will include sculpting and painting terrain, placing environment props, and authoring the lighting conditions for your environments.
Work closely with our Art Director (Cory) to create test scenes from concept art, and in concert with the level design team to detail large regions of the game world with consistently high quality.
You should have a good eye for environment design, and enjoy helping bring the game world to life.
Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA) or remotely from anywhere.
- Submit a portfolio with your application
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in sculpting heightmap or voxel terrain
- Experience in blocking out large 3d environments
- Good visual sense for environment detailing and lighting
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Optimize and work within the performance limitations of current platforms
- Problem-solving and open mind
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Team player and good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats
- Experience with polygonal modelling
- Experience with 3d sculpting (ZBrush, Mudbox)
- Experience with Plastic SCM