Lead the artistic development of a new top-down, turn-based strategy game. The game is rock-solid but the we're still developing the look. The look is sci-fi/fantasy with many diverse influences. Titles in the game industry aren't well-defined, but this job will likely also have "lead artist" responsibilities.
Work with and oversee concept artists, environment artists and game artists to develop and create art in a unique new style. We are also collaborating with some exciting partners to make a game with massive impact and appeal.
Work remotely from anywhere.
- Submit a portfolio with your application.
- Proficient in Photoshop (for paintovers)
- Proficient in some 3D software
- Game industry experience as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Able to make effective paintovers to refine art quickly
- Problem-solving and open mind
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Enjoys working with a variety of minds - design, technical and those from other creative industries
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and communication
- Availability to go on global company retreats (post-COVID!)
- Table top gaming aficionado