The Subnautica: Below Zero team is currently seeking a narrative designer / writer to help us complete the game’s story. This position is short-term (3-6 months), full-time, and remote.
The ideal candidate will be able to work within existing constraints - lore, characters, world locations, and systems - to help us fully define the story and bring its characters and relationships to life.
Subnautica: Below Zero is a work-in-progress; we've been regularly shipping updates in Early Access since January 2019. A fair bit of story is already in the game at various stages of completion; we’re looking for somebody who can help us finish with style and panache.
- Work closely with the dev team to design and implement open-world story threads with the purpose of driving player exploration and developing the primary storyline.
- Write in-game story content to develop existing characters and relationships via dialogue and other in-game narrative devices.
- Polish and refine existing cinematic scenes, accounting for changes in character and plot.
- Strong creative writing, specifically character development and dialogue.
- Familiarity with open-world games and the process of developing narrative in the context of an open-ended, player-driven experience.