We're looking for a talented artist who has extensive experience with organic modeling and sculpting. Work with a small and experienced team (Cory, Max, Charlie) to make surreal, natural environments for a new optimistic sci-fi universe. You'll be exploring a completely new art style, never before-seen in a video game.
Work closely with our tech team to lead development on this new art style, drawing inspiration from sources outside of traditional video games (especially important for this game, details to follow). Work very closely with the design team, as every prop, model and material affects the game experience: every detail matters.
Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA) or remotely from anywhere. The team is a mix of in-office and distributed (with most being the latter).
- Great portfolio
- Experience with organic modeling/sculpting
- Proficient in Substance Designer/Painter
- Proficient in 3ds Max
- A working familiarity with Unity
- Industry experience as an environment artist and world builder
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Optimize and work within the performance limitations of current platforms
- Capable of working independently
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Team player and good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats
- Experience as a level designer
- Knowledge of modern lighting techniques
- Strategy gamer