SUMMARY STATEMENT The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the hotel in compliance with the company and government’s standards for functionality, cleanliness, safety, and security.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by ensuring all furniture, appliances and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order.
- Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards.
- Repairs or replaces all HVAC systems such as individual air conditioning units as needed.
- Cleans and maintains the hotel’s exterior spaces such as the parking lot, swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
- Guest Service
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
- Assists guests and staff with anything that they may need from a maintenance perspective. Ongoing Other Duties as Assigned
- Properly secures all tools, equipment, and supplies after use.
- Reports any major repair issues or requests to the General Manager.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 1+ years of previous maintenance/grounds experience required.