United Brothersis currently seeking experienced Assistant Bookkeepers/Administrative Assistants.
This dual role is responsible for bookkeeping duties such as maintaining records of financial transactions as well as creating financial reports. Also, this person is responsible for performing routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing, and maintaining paper and electronic files. The ideal candidate will have both bookkeeping and auditing experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be verbally assigned as needed.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of the business.
- Computes, types, and mails monthly statements to customers.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Conducts collection calls.
Administrative Duties :
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Answers telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greets visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Sets up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail and other material and answer routine letters.
- Completes forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Makes copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Reviews work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Composes, types, and distributes meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.