We’re looking to hire a Business Development Manager in San Francisco to discover and sell into new organizations.
You'll work closely with one of our co-founders, and the rest of the business team, to build and manage your own sales pipeline. You’ll run a full desk, handling both the initial outreach and closing new opportunities. As the only member of our team on the West Coast, you’ll be the go-to person on everything SF.
- Prospect and qualify new clients by researching markets, recent fundraising, latest job posts, recent hires, etc.
- Use email outreach software and CRM software to analyze and track outbound email campaigns diligently.
- Keep detailed and organized notes to be shared with the rest of the business team to maintain an efficient sales process.
- Close new business and, along with our existing Customer Success team, maintain a fruitful relationship with the new organization.
- 3+ years of business experience at a startup or in a dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Strong technical aptitude so you can master our products, easily understand our customers’ businesses, and articulate our value to founders, executives, hiring managers, and internal recruiters.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized, and eager to learn. You should be scrappy, comfortable handling ambiguity. And you should be mentally fit to handle the ups-and-downs of a typical sales process.
- Strong writing background.
- A strong network of SF-based companies to seed initial conversations.
- The more previous sales experience creating a process from scratch, the better.
- Doghouse, our internal dashboard, for managing company/user accounts.
- Mixpanel for analytics, reporting, event tracking, and cohort analysis.
- Redash for querying and visualizing our PostgreSQL database.
- Asana/Trello for task and project management.
- Outreach for email outreach.
- Salesforce for CRM.
- Any other software that you need to succeed.
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 100% coverage of hardware/software.
- Unlimited vacation as long as work is getting done.
We often hire candidates who have used Underdog.io, so we'd encourage you to check out the site: https://underdog.io.
Building an inclusive and diverse workplace is one of Underdog.io’s core values. We warmly welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.