, a curated marketplace for talent, is hiring a backend engineer. This role will have ownership over backend and DevOps on our Python and JS-based stack
. Underdog.io is a small, revenue-funded company where everyone’s contribution and decision-making is directly impactful. Ideal candidates have the skills and initiative to think deeply about everything from code quality to internal processes to the broader market in which we operate.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
- Server-side development experience in Flask or a similar framework (Django, Express, etc.).
- Client-side development experience, preferably using a JS library like React or AngularJS.
- An understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design.
- Familiarity with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and general data modeling practices.
- Experience managing AWS environments and working with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, etc.).
- A desire to contribute to open-source projects.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 100% coverage of hardware/software.
- Open vacation policy as long as work is getting done.
- The option to work remotely from an office in NYC, a co-working space of your choosing, or from your home office; wherever you are most comfortable.
Building an inclusive and diverse workplace is one of Underdog.io’s core values. We warmly welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.