This is a remote position. Preferred timezone is ET.
Underdog.io builds software that helps job seekers find meaningful work at technology companies. Since launching in April 2014, we’ve connected thousands of candidates with hundreds of growing organizations in New York, San Francisco, and beyond. Our company is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing.
We’re hiring an Engineering Lead to push forward with our mission to support job seekers by providing tools and information to help them make informed decisions about where to work. This will be a hands-on role for a business-minded software engineer that is looking to work with Python and JS, build a small in-house engineering and product team, and play a key role in the direction of our company.
Building an inclusive and diverse workplace is one of Underdog.io’s core values. We warmly welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Gain a deep understand of our industry and business requirements and provide technical vision and direction for the entire company
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of our technology roadmap
- Supervise our system infrastructure to ensure stability, manageability, and efficiency
- Build, lead, motivate, and mentor a small engineering & product team
- Foster a culture of ownership and commitment to shared product development goals
- Track, analyze and monitor key technology performance metrics
We’re looking for someone with a track record of success at high-growth startups and experience with the following:
- Architecting distributed systems and running a 24x7 operation
- Server-side development in Flask or a similar framework
- Client-side development using a JS library like React
- SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and general data modeling practices
- Managing AWS environments and working with DevOps tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Agile and collaborative engineering methodologies and practices
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% coverage of hardware/software
- Open vacation policy as long as work is getting done
- The option to work from wherever you are most comfortable