Uhana is an exciting new startup founded to commercialize groundbreaking Stanford research on software defined mobile networks. We are harnessing the power of SDN, machine learning and predictive analytics to manage and optimize mobile networks. We are based in Palo Alto and are well funded by top-tier VCs.
About the Job:
We are looking for a stellar full stack UI/UX engineer who can put together expressive, easy-to-use, and elegant web-based streaming dashboards. This individual will have a wide degree of freedom to design and architect the front and back end systems. Responsibilities will include managing the backend database, designing a backend API, and implementing the front end web interface (dashboard). This role is responsible for the most critical aspect of our company: designing how Uhana customers interact with our product.
This engineer must be comfortable managing all aspect of a full stack, user-facing product.
Skills and Interests:
- backend and frontend web UI/UX development
- Experience with React
- Extensive experience using data interchange formats like XML and JSON
- Extensive experience using and defining RESTful web services
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience profiling and optimizing web application performance on both the client and server side
- Good understanding of SQL databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, including test-driven development and continuous integration
- Experience writing Enterprise software that scales
Nice to have:
- Extensive experience using modern MVC web application frameworks such as Django or RoR
- Knowledge of Backbone or Bootstrap a plus
- Experience with No-SQL databases
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science with 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science OR related fields with 4+ years of experience