At udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
As an Teleoperations Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of software tools and integration of various systems on autonomous vehicle test vehicles. You will work cross-functionally with trajectory and planning algorithm engineers, perception engineers and cloud robotics developers. The role also includes system and module level tests in the field and rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Building/Integrating software: help build and maintain a continuous integration system with simulation and hardware in the loop.
- Write unit tests and documentation.
- Write efficient networking code between the teleoperation console and the car.
- Devise strategies to mitigate latency and enhance security.
- Write cloud based systems
- Write front end code for the driver and remote operator (ADAS)
- All other duties as assigned
- MS in CS/CE/EE/ME/Robotics or equivalent with focus on Autonomous Vehicles or Vehicle Systems Engineering
- Experience with ROS middleware
- Extensive software development experience (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with Linux (networking, performance monitoring)
- Experience with web for mobile app backend integration (node js).
- Experience with Cloud development (microservices, containers)
- Extensive experience with programming and software integration
- Experience working with large data sets
- Broadband modems and wireless telecommunications experience.
- Experience with sensors (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar).
- Experience with OpenCV.