At udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
udelv is seeking a Full Stack Developer to design and develop the back-end software and UX/UI (including mobile front-end) for our mobile application and functionalities to interface with other parts of our autonomous software. You will be fully responsible for the first version of the software design and back-end with a focus on rapidity of execution and quality.
- Design of the overall architecture of the web/mobile application (iOS/Android) for IoT/distributed clients star network application
- Strong experience managing interchange of data between the server/users, translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code for visual elements of the application.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web/mobile application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web/mobile application
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes. Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable applications
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Nice to have: C++, OpenGL, WebGL, Docker
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Good UX/UI understanding
- Good QA practice
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git
- Ability to work in high pace, high pressure environment
- Ability to manage and lead multiple assignments at once with good level of independence and decision-making aptitude
iOS, Swift, Docker
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in SW development or engineering
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
- Experience with ride-sharing applications or route optimization applications is preferable.