At Udelv we’ve created a new type of driverless vehicle using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies. Since completing the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets in January 2018 we’ve continued to revolutionize this segment of transportation. To fuel our growth as we scale to provide our services to leading companies like Walmart we are hiring top talent in the San Francisco Bay Area and nationally.
Description and Responsibilities:
The Udelv Mechanical Engineering team is excited to bring-on a talented junior engineer for a hybrid role that is part time field service engineer and part time mechanical engineer. The split between field service engineer and mechanical engineer is expected to start weighted to the mechanical engineer side and transition more to the field service engineer role in the future.
As a field service engineer, the engineer will support all autonomous, vehicle, and robotic hardware at Udelv customer locations (USA).
Field Based Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting issues in the field
- Coordinating with other engineers and vehicle operators
- Implementing solutions
- Report generation
- Occasional Interface with Udelv customers
- Travel within the USA with a home base of Burlingame, CA
As a mechanical engineer, the engineer will support mechanical design and manufacturing engineering for all autonomous, vehicle, and robotic Udelv hardware.
M.E. Related Responsibilities:
- 3D and 2D CAD design of parts and assemblies
- FEA analysis
- Thermal solution design
- Mechanical testing for reliability
- Prototyping of designs
- Manufacturing support for builds
- Assembly documentation and instructions
- Collaboration with electrical and software engineers
- Vendor coordination and communication
- Occasional international travel to support vendors.
● BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or significant work experience as a mechanical engineer/field service engineer
● Proficiency with Solidworks, CATIA, or other 3D CAD design software
● 1+ years of experience in field service engineering
● Solid mechanical engineering fundamentals
● Hands-on mindset
● Proficiency with hand tools and hand power tools
● Self sufficiency
● Good communication skills
● Ability to think inside and outside the box
● Automotive and/or autonomous vehicle experience a plus
● Prior mechanical design experience a plus
● Prior manufacturing engineer experience a plus