Architect Autonomous Driving
At udelv we’ve created a new type of driverless vehicle using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies. Since completing the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets in January 2018 we’ve continued to revolutionize this segment of transportation. To fuel our growth as we scale to provide our services to leading companies like Walmart we are hiring top talent in the San Francisco Bay Area and nationally.
As our Lead Autonomy Architect, you will be responsible for hands-on leadership of the development of complex algorithms in middle-mile and last-mile delivery-related scenarios, in addition to large scale autonomous driving problems. You will have the chance to work with software engineers implementing these algorithms on highly capable, next generation hardware that will allow you to explore algorithms that were traditionally too costly on edge computing systems. Further, the Lead will influence company direction on its data-science, machine learning and software development practices.
- Building/Integrating autonomous driving algorithms for simulation and real world test/development.
- Benchmarking and validating various software modules.
- Leading sub-disciplines of perception, localization, decision-making, planning and controls with other subject matter experts.
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical team members to build full-stack autonomous solutions.
- Performing other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of goals.
- All other duties as assigned
- MS or PhD degree in CS/CE/EE/ME/Robotics or equivalent with focus on or autonomous driving
- Publications in the field of autonomous driving
- Deep knowledge of autonomous driving software architectures, module dependencies, and strong experience in developing algorithms in a given discipline.
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience working with large data sets
- Extensive software development experience (ROS, C/C++, Python)
- Experience with software engineering tools and linux environment (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb,etc)
- Proven ability to program real-time hardware to execute computationally intensive algorithms, and lead development of advanced algorithms.
- 4-5 Years of experience in team based environments, experience managing and building a team in a fast paced environment.
- Great sense of humor and thrive on building amazing software and better teams.
- Experience in Automotive Industry will be regarded. Experience in writing safety-critical code
- Familiarity with ROS and/or other message networking middleware
- Deep experience and expertise in at least one subject matter of autonomous driving: perception, localization, planning, control etc.