At Udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 Udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
Udelv is seeking motivated, dependable delivery drivers in the Houston area. This is an opportunity to receive paid training in the Autonomous Driving space and experience new technology firsthand!
- Load and unload delivery vehicles along a daily designated route.
- Daily interaction with customers in a positive friendly manner
- Test drive and evaluate test vehicles in 'real world’ routes/tracks, conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures and document findings on driver reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform vehicle checks, maintenance and keep vehicle prepared for field testing daily.
- AA degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with an AA or previous autonomous testing experience.
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record (DMV record will be obtained).
- Proven experience in a customer service oriented role in a service based industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions, including rain.
- Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free.
- Able to drive for prolonged periods routinely exceeding eight or more hours.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and possible overtime.
- Must have good vision, hearing and motor skills. Alertness and good driving instinct to monitor automated vehicle performance and supervision.
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate GPS. Linux experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- AA degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with a AA degree; or previous autonomous testing experience
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
- Experience with ride-sharing applications, or route optimization applications, is preferable.