At udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
udelv is seeking a Simulation Engineer to design, develop and maintain car simulations. This position involves a mix of C++ and Python. We are looking to run simulations for testing new algorithm code releases, tackling difficult automation scenarios and compile performance benchmarks. The simulation engineer should provide tools to assist in the generation of new simulations, generate variations of traffic and urban scenarios for parameter optimizations, training, and reproduction of simulation scenarios from drive log data. Simulations will run on workstations and the cloud, and should produce data that can be ordered, compared and analyzed.
- Design of the overall architecture of the simulator environment for application and system specificity
- Generate easy to use tools for ego vehicle performance characterization
- Transfer known real-world parameters and characteristics of system onto the simulator environment for robust validation of vehicle controls performance
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement other road users/agents in the simulator with similar behaviors as real world log data
- Generate multiple variations of same scenarios and multiple scenarios to test planning and controls logic and algorithms.
- Deploy optimized simulation code on cloud compute or local workstations
- Implement play-through features, on-the-fly manual scene modification or manual control of a road agent for human changes to a particular sim run.
- Management of hosting environment for cloud based modules, including database administration and optimization
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Mathematics: numerical methods, linear algebra.
- Physics: mechanics, dynamics, solvers (multi body dynamics).
- ROS. Strong Python and C++
- CMake (or similar)
- Experience with a 3D engine (Unity3d, Unreal). GPU compute (cuda, OpenCL).
- OpenGL, WebGL
- Content creation: 3D model design (CAD / parametric)
- Testing framework.
- Basic grasp of computer vision, ray-tracing and sensor data modeling.
- Ability to work in high pace, high pressure environment
- BS/MS/PhD in CS, CE, EE or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in SW development or engineering simulations
- Exceptional ability and capability to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.