At udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
As an Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of software tools and integration of various sensors (radar, ultrasonics etc.) on autonomous vehicle test vehicles. You will work cross-functionally with trajectory and planning algorithm engineers, perception engineers and cloud robotics developers. The role also includes system and module level tests in the field and rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Building/Integrating software for radar, ultrasonic, modems integration
- Down-selecting from a range of hardware options for required sensing and communications performance needs.
- Writing drivers for selected hardware to integrate with the rest of the vehicle server environment and ensure stable performance and operation.
- Benchmarking and validating systems for final deployment
- Developing scripts and tools for rapid validation of sensing performance and other adjacent systems.
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical team members to build autonomous solutions
- Performing other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of goals for the purpose of vehicle and fleet development.
- All other duties as assigned
- MS in CS/CE/EE/ME/Robotics or equivalent with focus on Autonomous Vehicles or Vehicle Systems Engineering
- Understanding of various sensor modalities to develop a complete sensor suite for a given performance criteria.
- Highly skilled in component integration, writing drivers, and integration with the rest of the vehicle environment, visualizers etc.
- Extensive experience with programming and software integration
- Experience working with large data sets
- Extensive software development experience (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with software engineering tools and linux environment (e.g.,ROS, Git, CMake, CI, gdb, etc)
- Proven ability to program real-time hardware to execute computationally intensive algorithms
- Experience integrating radars, ultra-sonics, cameras, modems and other autonomy/communications modules in vehicle.
- Experience in Automotive Industry will be regarded.
- Experience in writing safety-critical code
- Familiarity with ROS and/or other message networking middleware
- Modems and automotive telecommunications experience.
- Experience with real-time sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)