At udelv we are creating a new type of driverless vehicle. In January 2018 udelv successfully accomplished the first ever autonomous commercial “last mile” delivery made on public streets using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation.
As a Localization Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, test and maintenance of localization and vehicle state estimation software. You will have the chance to collaborate cross-functionally with other software engineers implementing autonomous driving algorithms on highly capable, next generation hardware that will allow you to explore algorithms that were traditionally too costly on edge computing systems.
- Building/Integrating software and algorithms for large scale processing of Lidar, camera, GPS/IMU data
- Work with raw sensor data, low-level signal processing and analyze large datasets, visual odometry
- Real-time data filtering, state estimation of ego vehicle. Map-matching based on a-prior map values.
- Testing algorithms in simulation, in vehicle in controlled environment, and ultimately in in vehicle in the field.
- Benchmarking and validating localization algorithms for final deployment
- Developing safety engineering and fault tolerance into localization systems.
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical team members to build full-stack autonomous solutions
- Performing other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of goals.
- MS or PhD degree in CS/CE/EE/Robotics or equivalent with focus on Robot control and localization
- 2+ years professional/ research experience in one of the following areas: multi-sensor fusion, point-cloud processing, SLAM, map-matching etc.
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with software engineering tools and linux environment (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb,etc)
- Proven ability to program real-time hardware to execute computationally intensive algorithms
- Publications in the field of Localization (Lidar based, visual odometry)
- Experience in Automotive Industry will be regarded. Experience in writing safety-critical code
- Familiarity with ROS and/or other message networking middleware
- SLAM / Probabilistic Filtering experience