You will be a guardian of the look, feel and usability of our websites and apps. You will drive forward the customer experience and sales potential through design excellence.
Working as part of the technology team, you’ll help us create innovative and intuitive designs that blend effortlessly with our customers' lives. You’ll be working closely with product development and management teams to create new ideas for our customers, breaking down the traditional barriers and challenging the norms of the industry. You’ll iterate and refine these ideas through sketching, wireframing and prototyping before working on highly intuitive designs that show what our customers will see.
You’ll be taking insights from customer research, analytics and A/B testing to continually improve the commercial performance of the website and delight
our customers. You’ll be contributing to the roadmap for the product with your ideas and testing to make sure we give our customers a great experience.
The market is evolving quickly, and we want to stand out in a crowd. Consistency is really important, so not only will you need to know what good design looks like, you’ll also need to have a great eye for detail. From time to time, we’ll want you to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders to showcase work and gain feedback.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a user-centred and research-based approach to UX design with strong problem solving skills.
- Design experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms.
- Ensure the user experience supports the strategic vision, and is achievable within the technical constraints of the project.
- Employ rapid iterations on a variety of ideas using wireframes, sketches, and interactive prototypes.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers and product owners.
- Present new ideas and concepts to senior stakeholders, and advocate the value of user-centred design to the rest of the company.
- Mentor other team members and provide constructive feedback.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Extensive proven experience in UI/UX design.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, hierarchy and UX design principles.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal support.
- Solid proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision and Marvel or similar tools.
- Advanced knowledge of capabilities and limitations of HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS.
- Experience designing user interfaces for products that are used
- internationally in multiple languages.
- Good understanding of agile methodology and lean UX principles.
- Desired experience in email marketing and A/B testing.
- Desired experience in Git version control (e.g. GitHub).