You will be a guardian of the look, feel and usability of our websites and apps. You will drive forward the customer experience and sales potential through design excellence.
Working as part of the technology team, you’ll help create innovative and intuitive designs for a wide range of digital applications, dashboards and multi-user platforms (not just websites!). You’ll iterate and refine these ideas through sketching, wireframing and prototyping before working on highly intuitive designs that show what our customers will see.
You’ll be taking insights from customer research, analytics and A/B testing to continually improve the commercial performance of the website and delight our customers. You’ll be contributing to the roadmap for the product with your ideas and testing to make sure we give our customers a great experience.
The market is evolving quickly, and we want to stand out in a crowd. Consistency is really important, so not only will you need to know what good design looks like, you’ll also need to have a great eye for detail. From time to time, we’ll want you to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders to showcase work and gain feedback.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- You’ll be doing UX research, wireframes and fully designed interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with software engineers and product owners
- Discuss designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- You’ll be required to create usable, user-centred and modern design that supports the strategic vision, and is achievable within the technical constraints of the project
- We encourage knowledge sharing, so giving and providing feedback constructively (and not just among the design team!) is also important
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You’re competent, skilled and independent designer who is great at communicating with both clients and the rest of us
- You know your way around the usual tools, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, InVision, etc. but you’re at ease in using just pen and paper to explain your vision
- You know the user-centered product design process from top to bottom
- You have strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
- Good understanding of agile methodology and lean UX principles
- Open to sharing knowledge to less experienced designers
- Experience with illustration, motion design or 3D is a big plus
- Positive attitude and enjoy what you do