The DevOps Engineer role at our company is very important and crucial to the smooth running of the business, software development, and operations. You will be expected to be an integral part of these divisions. You will also be supporting and continuously improving infrastructure and application standards, as well as security design and implementation. You will play a key part in operations automation as well as environment and applications/solutions provisioning, deployment and testing.
We run production and internal systems in the cloud as well as hybrid environments. If you can challenge existing infrastructure and development practices, promote excellence and continuously improve deployment and security standards, then this is for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as primary liaison between business, development, infrastructure and operations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business requirements and operations.
- Ensure that in-house solutions are appropriately documented, and maintenance and application support considerations catered for.
- Develop, maintain and promote enterprise IT standards.
- Maintain consistency across the organization's systems by ensuring that development and infrastructure teams follow enterprise IT standards.
- Maintain an up-to-date skill set with regards to technologies used in our systems in particular and IT industry in general.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices.
- Be an exceptional communicator and team player.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience with large scale deployments (high availability, scalability, resilience, API security)
- Excellence in AWS (AWS CLI and API) and/or Azure cloud platforms
- Advanced experience with scripting (Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with datacentre infrastructure (networking, firewall config, security)
- Solid experience with CI and/or CD (GitHub, TeamCity)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and network design
- Experience with Windows (and Linux) administration
- Familiarity with infrastructure related technologies:
- Networking and resource provisioning (VPC, CloudFormation)
- Deployment (EC2, AutoScaling, SQS, CodeDeploy, Route53)
- Desired containerization (Docker)
- Storage and research (RDS, S3, ElasticSearch, Elasticache)
- Security (IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS)
- Experience of working with databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB)
- Familiarity with system monitoring using CloudWatch, DataDog, PaperTrail, Splunk
- Experience with Akamai, CloudFront, and CloudFlare is a plus
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Passion for operations
- AWS CLI and API, Azure
- Scripting (Bash, PowerShell)