Location: Twinkl HQ, Sheffield (with remote working until social distancing measures have been relaxed)
Annual Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 per week (flexible working around core hours)
You'll be responsible for the growth of new/exploratory international markets for Twinkl by managing a team of Market Coordinators and coaching them to find new, innovative ways to connect with educators around the world. The team is mostly working remotely and are based in the markets that they're looking to grow, which includes Spain, France, Germany, South Africa, South America, and India. Our market penetration (% of teachers subscribed) is currently >1% in each of these areas, your challenge will be to increase this to 3% in each region by coaching the team in direct marketing and business development strategies that will encourage subscriber growth.
We're looking for someone with an interest in international trade/growth marketing whose keen to jump into a role that offers a blend of strategy and people management. You should be excited by the opportunities and challenges that comes with managing an entrepreneurial team spanning different cultures, nationalities, and time zones.
A typical day could include:
- A morning meeting with other leaders in international growth to discuss priorities, approaches and offer support.
- Video calls with your team to discuss their market strategies, shifts in customer data and share what's working in other markets
- Project work - a current example is our response to international disruptions across education due to the Covid19 pandemic, and our response to this.
- Removing blockers for the team, offering 1:1 coaching and providing a framework for their personal development
- Prioritising resources to be developed based on customer activity (downloads, searches etc.) and feedback we receive from each market.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a missional organisation that's recently been recognised for its achievements in international trade.
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and a propensity for action
- An excellent communicator who truly cares about supporting a team and seeing them thrive
- Commercially astute and a strategic thinker who is comfortable taking calculated risks and being accountable for their successes and failures
- Highly organised, accurate and execution focused
In this position, you will learn:
- How to implement international growth strategies for different markets
- How to use data to spot trends and opportunities
- About international education systems and varied approaches to learning around the world
You'll work with:
- The international leadership team Neil Cleverly (Head of International Growth) and Alex Smith (Emerging Markets Manager).
- Our international Data Analyst Ellie Eadington.
- 8 Market coordinators based around the world.
- On target growth in all exploratory markets (MRR)
- Promotion of 2 Exploratory markets to emerging phase per year
We're looking for anyone who has one, or a combination of the following:
- Management experience in a commercially focused role
- Experience marketing an educational product or service
- Project management with an international element that involved stakeholders across multiple regions
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.