Location: Twinkl HQ, Sheffield (with remote working until social distancing has been relaxed)
Annual Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
Permanent, full-time Recruiter: Frazer ScottExperience level:
You’ll be working within a small team of like-minded people, leading the front end development of an exciting new e-commerce mobile app.
This is an exciting new business model that hasn’t been seen before in the UK, and you will be at the forefront of its development.
Our culture is entrepreneurial in nature, with a fail-fast mentality and thirst for innovation. We're looking for a pro-active, motivated person who mirrors this, and is keen to own the entire lifecycle of development from the ideation stage onwards.
You will also have extra opportunities to support companies within our Edtech accelerator, Twinkl Hive; where you can help to develop additional solutions for the Twinkl Hive residents (which includes innovative startups in the educational and healthcare industries).
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work hours,
- Option to work remotely once per week (negotiable over time)
- Healthy snacks, and oodles of coffee.
How You’ll Spend Your Day:
- You will spend your day at Twinkl Hive, our brand-new accelerator and home to Twinkl’s entrepreneurial teams. All of which will take place in a space that will enable daily interaction with not only developers, but researchers, analysts and entrepreneurs. Interacting with a diversity of entrepreneurs and developers in a creative and agile environment.
- Greenfield, agile app development – we’ll be building a new app from scratch, so you’ll have the autonomy to drive the direction of development and ultimately shape a product that will be used by thousands.
- Partnering with the CEO to develop the shop interface and payment platform.
- Working collaboratively as part of a small team.
- 4+ Years Industry experience,
- An in-depth and demonstrable knowledge of ReactJs.
- Experience in the full development cycle.
- Hands-on experience writing high-quality unit tests.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and state management.
- Thrives in a change-focused and dynamic environment.
- Is comfortable working independently a small team (albeit one with wider organisational support)
- Is up to date with the latest trends in app development
Nice To Have:
- Contributions on knowledge exchangeable website e.g. StackOveflow
- Have published your own apps on the App/Google Play Stores.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.